Wondering what to do with all those carrots you are harvesting from your summer garden? Make this delicious Confetti Salad – it’s quick, easy and a crowd-pleaser.
Thank you Alex* for preparing this – the customers loved it!
Makes 4 servings – Cost per recipe: $1.30
- 1 large or 2 thin carrots peeled and grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 firm pear or apple chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Place grated carrots, chopped pear, and raisins in a mixing bowl.
- Mix lemon juice, orange juice, and honey together until dissolved.
- Pour over grated carrots, chopped pear, and raisins
*Alex duPont is part of Washington State University’s Extension Program Food Sense.