Need a quick and easy granola recipe for all your summer activities? Check out our recipe for Skillet Granola provide by Washington State University’s Skagit County’s Extension Program – – so good and so good for you.
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 cups quick cooking oatmeal, dry
- 1 cup dried fruit, optional
- In a large saucepan mix together oil, salt, cinnamon, brown sugar, and water. Cook over medium heat until brown sugar dissolves.
- Add oatmeal and cook, stirring gently until oatmeal is lightly brown, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in dried fruit. Remove from heat and cool completely before storing.
- Store in a large jar with a tight-fitting lid at room temperature for 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.